Joy Metzer has worked as a professional interior designer for over twenty-five years, spearheading projects both nationally and abroad while cultivating an audience for her writing through several book publications currently available on Amazon, in addition to over one hundred articles posted on LinkedIn under the name Joyce Stacks-Metzer. Though no stranger to real life portrayals intended to enrich the lives of her readers, this is her first effort at writing a children’s chapter book loosely based upon the private life she shares with her husband in Lead Hill, Arkansas. She attended Texas Christian University, where she studied interior design and economics.
Fun Facts from Joy Metzer:
- Rather than short, I like to think of myself as not very tall. I shot up to 5’2” in the fourth grade and never grew another inch.
- I consider myself fashionable, but I don’t exactly fit in today’s celebrity mold. I enjoy cooking and eating way too much for that.
- My quirkiest job was when I operated an elevator at Chimney Rock State Park in North Carolina. I lifted a car full of anxious visitors thirty floors up the insides of a mountain inside one minute’s time. I got to meet people from all over the world while occasionally holding hands with a perfect stranger to let him or her know everything was okay.
- I’ve had several brushes with fame, including Andy Warhol, Elton John, Tony Bennett, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the Rev. Al Sharpton. I once took a young Dutch intern to see John Kerry speak when he was running for president. We waited to shake his hand, and when I introduced her, he spoke to her in her native tongue. It was just like Miracle on 34th Street! It was awesome.
- I married the love of my life, Bill, in 2017.
Reach out to author Joy Metzer for questions, comments, or to schedule an event or interview!